my short dmexco 2009 recap
Here’s a short personal recap of the digital marketing exposition & conference fair, short dmexco, which has been celebrated the last two days (23th and 24th September 2009) in cologne, germany.
#1: My personal feeling during the fair was, that there were less people at the dmexco as last year at the OMD in Duesseldorf – and so it was.
#2: The business dates were really great and interesting. I met a lot of high potential people and had a lot of interesting discussions and talks.
#3: Meeting all these people in person, which I have contacted already over the last months, was amazing (people from partners, customers or ad technology companies). For socializing and to intensify the personal contact it was a really, really great event.
#4: The seminars and debates were well visited. Please @dmexco add some more chairs next time. Mostly I left a room, if I had a chance to come in, because of missing seats. Beeing unseated isn’t comfortable if you pace up and down the whole day across the halls and should listen to a seminar which will take about an hour. =)
#5: Where was Google?! I only had seen a YouTube presence in hall 8, near by ADTECH.
#6: … and also: where was DoubleClick?! Due to the release of the DC Ad exchange their was surely a reason to get in contact and take a deeper look at their system.
#7: By the way… as I mentioned via twitter yesterday. I didn’t see any innovative, rocket sience, kick’in ass application. Do you?!
#8: Major technologies issues: all was about targeting, video and mobile advertisment.
#9: From my point of view, and with all other information I collect over the dmexco, the Mobile advertisement is currently over-hyped and over-rated. I think its maybe senseful in a marketing mix but at this time… I dunno if its really “the next big thing”. Heard there are a lot of technical issues / problems too…
#10: All in all it was a great fair and, as far as I can say, it was a huge success for AdScale. Official numbers for the dmexco: 14.200 visitor, 290 exhibiting companies (10% from foreign countries)
Reviews, recaps and several articles about the dmexco 2009 in cologne, germany (not in order):
Reviews, articles & news (german):
- Wie lief die dmexco-Premiere? Branchengroessen ziehen Bilanz (via the official dmexco blog)
- Koelnjournal.de – Premiere der dmexco ein voller Erfolg
- Horizont.net – dmexco: Veranstalter ziehen positive Bilanz
- internet World Business – dmexco special news channel
- w&v – dmexco zieht positive Bilanz
- kress – “Ich habe das Wort Krise kein einziges Mal gehoert”
- Nico Zorn – dmexco 2009: Die beste OMD aller Zeiten
- Affiliate Marketing Portal – dmexco recap 2010 (?)
- Bastian Grimm – dmexco & OMClub Recap
- she-sign.de – Medien & Co – DMEXCO and OMClub 2009 in Koeln – Review
- dmexco Review (via MTP Cologne)
Pictures & Videos:
- http://dmexco.sevenload.com/ – dmexco Videos
- Dmexco-Chefs Muche und Schneider im Videointerview
- Several pictures related to the dmexco (via twicsy)
- Men only – some booth beauties (via Internet World Business)
Greets to the guys and girls from ADTECH, newtention, ADITION, eyeblaster, eyewonder, Mediaplex, Smart Adserver, e-mediate and all the others! Was really good talking to you.
The next dmexco will be from 15th to 16th September 2010. See ‘ya there! Now I get back to answer my full inbox and the dozens of xing/linked in queries.